Grass Fed Beef Short Ribs
100% Grass Fed Angus Beef
No hormones no steroids
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 pounds short ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 tablespoons flower mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- diced green onions for garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
In a cast aluminum slow cooker insert (or another skillet if your slow cooker has a ceramic insert) add the tablespoon of canola oil.
Dredge the beef in flour on all sides and shake off the excess.
Brown the beef on high heat on all sides. Make sure the pan is hot, you don't need to worry how done the meat is, you're just going for color.
Add the beef, brown sugar, lite soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and crushed red peppers to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Add in the slurry and cook and additional 20-30 minutes while you cook your rice and vegetables to thicken the sauce.